Thursday, May 3, 2012

Alex's Banner

I finally finished it! Alex picked out the trucks and the colors, so I am not as happy with this one as I was with Adam's but the important thing is that Alex loves it!
I might have finished Alex's earlier, however, my husband has been sleeping in the spare bedroom / craftroom because he's in the middle of a huge project at work and leaves before the crack of dawn and doesn't want to disturb me. So because he has to leave so early, he goes to bed early and I don't get to craft (insert sad face). I cut all my pieces out yesterday and finished putting it together today. So, here it is . . .
Here are the close ups:




Here is the first attempt and the literal flop. Flop because I didn't think about how to connect (at the bottom right? Wrong) all of the cars flopped over. Oops! The boys did pull the twine off and play with all of the cars. I also didn't feel like this was very banner-like, but it was what Alex initially wanted.


Materials used (for the new one): Paper, Bazzill and American Crafts. Twine, Doodlebug. Buttons and white gel pen, craft supply. Markers, American Crafts. Stickles, Ranger. Cartridges, Art Philosophy, Everyday Paper Dolls and CCR Basics. CCR and E2.

No comments:

Post a Comment