Sunday, May 20, 2012

Flowers for Teachers

My middle son's last day of school was on Friday and I didn't know what to do for the teacher, aide and parent educator. I gave the teachers crayon wreaths for Christmas, and that, at least right now, was too hard for me to top. It doesn't help that I was in a funk this week - or burned out from NSD and all of the challenges.
Anyway, I was planting my flowers and decided to get each of the teachers a plant: the boys picked out Dahlia's. I also let them each pick out the three pots they both needed (the oldest is done June 7th, so we need to get more plants, but we got the pots.)
After I got the vinyl on and took a picture of the pots themselves, we put the dahlia's in and brought outside to the bench for another picture. The flowers looked much happier before the boys got a hold of them with the hose. They were all asking questions about how I did it and surprised that the vinyl was so versatile.
Pots: Menards. Dahlia's: Home Depot. Vinyl: Oh My Crafts!. Cartridges: Letter Envy and Cuttin' Up. CCR and E2.




No comments:

Post a Comment