Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spinner Happy Birthday

A fellow Circlet asked anyone who was willing, to make a birthday card for her sister-in-law and brother-in-law's grandson. Their grandson has leukemia and will be resuming treatment this coming Monday May 7th, and will be celebrating his 9th birthday will undergoing treatment. My heart breaks for this little boy and his family, and I thank God that my boys are healthy.
This is my first attempt at a spinner card, and it turned out great! All of the ladies at Archivers today for NSD were asking how I did it and what I used. My question is, how do you slow the spin down. I'll have to play with it - maybe for my mom's mother's day card.
I cut the slit out of the piece of space paper using my gypsy and adjusting a tag from Art Philosophy. Then, following other directions that I found when I googled spinner card, I used double-sided foam tape (two layers)  around the space paper and then attached two pennies using two circular pop-dots in the center and assembled. I love this!!
Paper: I think is DCWV, however it was in my color-coded bins, Fancy Pants, CTMH and Bazzill. Stamp is CTMH. Embossing powder and gun, American Crafts. Cartridges, Life's a Party and Art Philosophy. Gypsy and E2. Two pennies. Pop-Dots and Scotch foam tape.

Thanks for looking and I hope Austin enjoys the spinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment