Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thinking of You Card

My great-aunt, who is 94, has had a couple of nasty falls recently and I have been wanting to send her a card. Her and my great-uncle (my grandmother's brother, who passed away about 3 years ago) were my go-to's when I was in college. They lived in the town where I attended college and I tried to stop at their house once every month or so. They were amazing sources of information, and they had remembered so many little details. My degree is in history, and I could sit there for hours talking with them, and when I was working on my dissertation, my great-uncle accompanied me to the history center a couple times because he was interested in the research I was doing.
I sent her a card about a month and a half ago, and I am hoping to visit her this summer, but in the mean time . . . Sorry the stamp is crooked, DS#3 bumped me as I was stamping. Hopefully my aunt won't mind.
I am entering this in the Color Challenge from I came, I saw, I created.
Materials used: Cardstock, Bazzill. Ribbon, American Crafts. Stamped sentiment, CTMH. Cartridges used Art Philosophy and TBBM2. Personal electronic cutter, E2. Rhinestone flourish, craft supply. 

1 comment: