Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wearing O’ the Green Challenge!

The current weekly challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog is: Create a pin, necklace, bracelet or something else that you can wear on St. Patrick’s Day that includes the color green.
This is a year of firsts for me - I have never been one to celebrate Valentine's or St Patty's Day. This year I went a little crazy, although there were decorations I wanted to make that I didn't quite get done, so not too crazy.
Anyways, for this week's challenge, I made Leprechaun hats for my boys. I used the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge to cut the hat, hair and clovers. I made an initial hat with a scrap piece of paper so I could cut out the strap and buckle section to trace and cut out the sections out in black and gold. My older two boys picked out their "hair" and a cuttlebug folder to personalize the hair a bit. I used a piece of 24x12 paper to make bands for the boys' heads and attached all the pieces. I used Tim Holz's tiny attacher to attach the hair, head band and hat together where the band and buckle attach, and then Terrifically Tacky tape to attach the band and buckle (and hide the staples) I have to tell you, I wasn't sure about buying the Tacky tape, but I love it!! I got some as part of a bundle, and have now purchased more in various sizes.





The older two love their Leprechaun hats, although the baby wasn't quite so cooperative about wearing his.

5 comments:

  1. Aww! They are so cute! Good Luck in the challenge!
    Colleen (gonescrappin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute project! I am your first follower, I'm sure I am the first of many more! Welcome to the "bloggy" world, I am looking forward to more of your creations!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. Love the little hats. Very cool idea. Looks like your little guys love the hats too.

    Congrats on being project of the day on the Cricut MB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable! Great job…. (and your guys are precious!)

    ReplyDelete