Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creative Sharing Challenge

I have been planning to create a project of this wall for months, and then meant to get really serious about it when the March Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge was to "Create a piece of wall art (canvas, art board, sign, vinyl directly on wall, framed art, shadow box, etc.). Use at least three colors." Still, I waited until the last day, which, of course, was super busy, to get it done.

I had this frame hiding behind the couch in the living room with old pictures in it (old meaning pre-baby #3) so my first step was to update the pictures. This I did about a week and a half ago, and then it sat again. I love the home decor "Live, Laugh, Love" and wanted to incorporate that into my decor. I used gold, silver and white vinyl to cut Fun, Live, Laugh, Hope, Believe, Dream, Love and Friends and placed the cuts in the tallest sections of the frame. I used the CCR to size them. I also, which is very difficult to see, cut green flourishes for the four corners and two long ones down 3rd and 6th line.Then I used the CCR along with the Letter Envy cartridge to get my Family cut, which was cut at 11x23. 


I apologize for the lighting. It is cloudy and gloomy here, and we have windows/doors on either side of the wall that I hung the frame on, and the front door was directly behind me, so I either had the glare from the front door or on the sides (honestly, this is the best of the 9 pictures I took).

1 comment: