Saturday, March 10, 2012

Monkey Invitation


The baby will celebrate his 1st birthday in about a month and as his animal is a monkey (the oldest's animal is puppies, and the middle one has kitties) I used one for his birthday invitation! I usually try to get the invites out about 3 weeks prior to the party, so I have roughly another week to finish them all and get them to the post office. This week's Creative Color Challenge from I Came, I saw, I created is as follows, and worked perfectly for the birthday invitation!

Garden Green RGB: 91, 130, 86
More Mustard RGB: 228, 161, 70
Chocolate Chip RGB: 98, 71, 60

I used American Crafts brown cardstock for the card base and designed and colored the rest using the CCR and my Imagine. I used two different colors of green for contrast on the vines and heat embossed them to give the vines a vinier (is this even a word?) look. I used two layers of vines and pop dotted and curved the leaves, with a petal roller, on the top layer for dimension. I cut a paperclip to attach to the monkey's arm so he "swings" back and forth across the card. Cartridges used: Create a Critter and Art Philosophy. "It's a Party!" stamp from CTMH.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! So many crafty ideas on this one - the embossing, popped up vines and using the paperclip so the monkey could swing. Thank you for participating in this week's Creative Color Challenge,
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete