Saturday, March 3, 2012

Color Challenge for the Week of 2/27

Two posts in one day - yikes! Usually I spend my weekends getting caught up on work for the previous week, but last night I stayed up late and finished my time (yeah, me!)
My husband brought the older two to Home Depot this morning for the Build-It workshop, so I got the Leprechaun hats started and then they helped me finish them. This afternoon we convinced them to take a nap, not a usual occurrence here, but since #2 decided that it was morning time at 6:15am and woke everyone up (I went back to bed and let my husband deal with the chaos), I got in some extra crafting time!
This weeks color challenge is:

Tangerine Tango RGB = 243, 107, 67 
Tempting Turquoise RGB = 96, 192, 217
Old Olive RGB = 153, 150, 71


I had left over scraps of Old Olive from last weeks challenge, and then used the Cricut Craft Room to design and color the remaining pieces. I do have to admit, orange is not my favorite color and I was hard pressed to come up with something to make. It hit me on Thursday, while I was working, that I could make Dinosaur decor for my boys' bathroom - dinosaurs are orange, right! We just built our house last spring/summer - we moved in mid-July - so most of the walls are pretty bare, except for some pictures. This is the start of my bathroom decor. I think I will make 2 or 3 more different scenes, put them in frames and hang them above the boys' towel hooks.
I used Create a Critter for the T-Rex and palm trees and Paper Doll Dress Up for the grass. I ran the trees and grass through my cuttlebug, inked the edges a bit, and put it all together. 


Thanks for looking and have a great remainder of your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is FANTASTIC! So perfect for boy decor! I love it when I can combine a project I NEED to complete with a challenge! Please share with me your other pics when you are done! Thank you for participating in this week's Creative Color Challenge and for linking up! Best of luck,
    Renee at icameisawicreated@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete