Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Wreath

Life has been crazy busy the last two weeks and I wasn't able to get into my craftroom until late last night. I have seen multiple wreaths created lately, and so wanted to make one for my house - now I have to figure if I want it in the kitchen or on the front door :)
I am entering this in two challenges:
 Creative Color Challenge over at I Came, I Saw, I Created and

the Weekly Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog. This weeks challenge is Decorative Letter: Create a scrapbook page, card, home decor item, or other project where you include a word of your choice. One or more of the letters in your chosen word must be replaced by a Cricut shape. For example, replace the letter “o” in the word LOVE with a heart. 
Here's what I came up with:


I took a white foam circle, and covered it with green ribbon. Then I went to work with my Expression 2 cutting out all of the flowers. I used CTMH Art Philosophy and cut the flowers from the following: Banner 1 (3.75, 4, 4.25), Flurdels (3.75, 4, 4.25), Banner 6 (3.75, 4, 4.25), Heart3 (4, 4.25, 4.5) and Tag5 (4, 4.25, 4.5). I inked some of the edges, mostly the white flowers with pink, but also some of the pink and yellow flowers with a brown ink. Then I went to work with stick pins attaching all of the flowers, starting with the large ones and filling in the rest. I used different pins and some had decorative or colored heads, which I used for the white flowers. My next step was to decide on which word to use - I was debating between welcome and spring. Obviously, I went with Spring. I used my Pooh Font cartridge and clipboard for my first layer and then to incorporate the Early Espresso, recut Spring in brown. I decided to make my decorative letters be the S and I. The S is a hose with blue rhinestone "water" spraying out onto my flower I. The rhinestones are attached to a piece of the clamshell containers that the cartridges come in - can't tell you how many I threw away before I realized I could find uses for them, urgh. Ink used is Ranger and the rhinestones are from Doodlebug. Cardstock is mostly American Crafts.
This was a lot of fun, but my fingers sure hurt when I was done attaching all those flowers!

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! Good luck in the challenge!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVEEE it! Your wreath is SO much fun!!!! I like that you used different flowers and the spray is SO creative! Thank you for particpating in this week's Creative Color Challenge,
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete