Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cricut Craft Room Magazine Contest

For the last 3 years I have made calendars as Christmas gifts for both my parents and my husband's. The first year, I was cricutless (I got the original Expression for Christmas) so I bought two kits and printed some pictures and that was that. The second year, I used my Gypsy and the Designer Calendar cartridge to cut the boxes out of patterned paper and glued it to white paper that I had used Cri-kits pens to write the numbers/holidays (again with my Gypsy and Designer Calendar cart). Let me tell you, it was a pain.
So this year I was so excited when I bought my Imagine, and then the Cricut Craft Room came out, I was in heaven, thinking about how easy my Christmas gifts would be! It was so much simpler!! I used Designer Calendar (again) to create the calendar layout. I spread the calendar grid and then welded the boxes for the days of the week along the top. I used my various Imagine carts to flood fill the grid and then placed the numbers in the boxes, along with holidays (I used a couple different carts to type out the holidays or used some of the pre-written ones for different carts). I thought about putting in birthdays, but as I didn't get started on our parents' calendar until a week and a half before Christmas (I know, nothing like procrastinating, although in my defense, I was making gifts for my older two boys preschool teachers/aides). Anyways, I hand wrote the birthdays as I was putting them together. 
Using the CCR was so much easier that I decided to make a calendar for our house - after the new year had begun! I used flood fills for the bottom of the calendar and then found paper to match for the top, added some photos of my family and embellishments, used my Cinch to punch the holes and bind it together, and ta-daa! Hope you enjoy - this was a fun and fairly easy project to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment