Sunday, January 29, 2012

Circle Weekly Challenge #50: Under the Weather


I was initially planning to make my dad a card and collect some things to give him for his knee replacement surgery in March, but as I was lurking on the Cricut Circle Message Board, I saw a post that broke my heart. One of my fellow Circlets made a request for cards to send to a 10 year girl named Trinitie. Trinitie has recently been diagnosed with brain tumors and just had surgery.
The challenge was to Create a Get Well card or gift set for a friend, family member, or acquaintance. Be sure to incorporate a Cuttlebug embossing folder, kraft cardstock, and string somewhere on your project.
I created a easel card for Trinitie using cardstock that I had in my stash, along with pink Close to My Heart embroidering floss and cut the butterflies using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge (I love this cart!) and ran them through my Cuttlebug. I sanded the brown cardstock after running it thru my Cuttlebug to bring out the pink undercolor.
My hope is to make two more cards to send to Trinitie's siblings, just to let them know that they are all in our thoughts and prayers as they deal with this difficult time.




No comments:

Post a Comment