Saturday, February 25, 2012

Anniversary Card

Tomorrow is my in-laws 35th wedding anniversary and yesterday I made a card to send them. My SIL gave them a card from all of us on Tuesday with their gift, but I still felt like we needed to acknowledge it. In my rush to complete the card before going with my middle son to his ECFE class, I decided to use the sketch challenge at Heart 2 Heart as my starting point and then incorporated the color challenge from the Circle MB / I Came, I Saw, I Created. The colors and sketch are as follows


Old Olive RGB = 153, 150, 71
Pretty in Pink RGB = 253, 204, 208
Night of Navy RGB = 47, 69, 93

It is very difficult to tell in my picture - apparently we have too much natural daylight in our kitchen - that I used the Pretty in Pink, but I promise, I did :)
I used American Crafts white cardstock and ran 3 sheets thru my Imagine for the colors (I probably have paper in my stash that's a good match, but I didn't want to bother trying to compare next to the computer screen). I made a 5x7 card using the sketch and ran the olive sheet thru my Cuttlebug using the Divine Swirls folder, cut a tag using the CTMH Art Philosophy cart and ran some ribbon thru the holes. I used the flower stamp from CTHM Card Word Puzzle set and then sprinkled embossing powder over it and used my heat gun to make it sparkle. I used the Happy Anniversary stamp from My Pink Stamper. I didn't have much time to work on this and had my 5 yo asking me for help creating his card and the baby crying at my feet or playing with anything I left on the floor - at one point I sat on the floor with him to keep him happy and let him play with the tape roll and ribbons. My 3 yo sat at the table drawing like there was nothing going on.

7 comments:

  1. Embossing the flower is a great idea! Thanks for sharing your card with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I like the different cardstock elements and ribbon on the vertical piece. Thanks for taking the H2H sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you incorporated the tag into your card and the embossed flower! Thank you for linking up at this week's Creative Color Challenge.
    Renee @ icameisawicreated@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Really like the embossing done on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing! Great card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the elements on your card. I have never thought about "printing" my cardstock, when I have ran out of a needed color! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty... love that flower and love what you did with the tag...

    ReplyDelete